- Video and Demos
- Sponsor Green Travel
- Get Involved: Green Action
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Website Development Tutorial + SpaceShare Contracting
- Preparation Basics
- Avoiding Problems, Nonprofit Client Perspective
- Should You Hire SpaceShare?
- Websites Developed by SpaceShare and Allies
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Vision & Plan
- People at SpaceShare
- Volunteer, Intern or Work at SpaceShare
- Our Logo & Tag-line
- Brainstorming: What should a website cost? by Aspiration Tech is a great place to start. It goes far beyond it's title with "ideas on different project models and cost curves associated with different types of web site technologies."
- Outline: Web site preparation questions. Intended for potential clients of ours -- whoever you hire to build your website is likely to have their own set of questions.
- Review Your Plan: What goes wrong and how to avoid it. The mistakes nonprofits & the design teams they hire should watch out for while beginning a web design [hiring] project. Intended for a broad range of nonprofits -- learn from other people's errors.
Should you hire SpaceShare?
Gallery of Websites developed by SpaceShare and designers we work withSpaceShare was founded by web developer Stephen Cataldo, and we've partially funded our green work with contract web development. In addition, SpaceShare has many other contacts in design and development.
Stephen Cataldo: My preference is working with cause organizations from the beginning: understanding your goals, mixing my experiences running organizations and working with technology. Web programming, databases and Drupal are areas of technical expertise.
Currently, I think most nonprofits that haven't switched to a Content Management System should consider one for their next website: moving content into a database so that it's easier for you to edit, update and even redesign.
I love projects that involve a creative edge: not bleeding edge technology just for technology's sake, but putting technology to better use. I don't mind doing small-budget projects for great causes where I'm given both the challenge and the freedom to efficiently create just the tools the organization needs.
Design & Development: SpaceShare works with a variety of other Drupal developers, artistic designers and content developers at various times.
SpaceShare occassionally answers RFPs, but we prefer to have a conversation to mutually discover what can work best for clients. If you would like a proposal, send a description or your RFP and a good time to call to discuss it. I don't have a full team quite at my fingertips (good people are busy) but have led teams before and may be able to pull people together for your larger project.
- Hire rate: $125/hour base rate, for example finishing other people's work or bug-hunting.
- Project rate: $100/hour, I prefer to work on projects where I'm involved from the planning stage and able to be creative, and hopefully share some of the work opensource.
- Nonprofit project rate: $80/hour for creative